Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Under Pressure

It’s interesting how the mind works. I’ve been under a tight deadline and have more work than I really feel like doing.

I got up this morning after a very restless night and sure didn’t feel like working today. One of the joys of being self-employed is being able to take a day off when you want to. (Wanna bet?)

I worked on my new side business for a while, then spent some time on the phone with one of my partners and realized I was falling further behind.

I went out into the yard and started to do some exercises. (Not one of my favorite things, lately.)

When I came back in, I started to work and suddenly was reenergized. I knocked out my entire daily to-do list and got a good start on the rest of the week.

When I looked at the clock, 6 hours had passed. Amazing the way time flies when you’re in the zone.

Sometimes the planets just line up in your favor. We’ve even started to get a handle on this Google Adwords thing. (Maybe.)

No comments: